Forza Track Days
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Forza Track Days

You are not connected. Please login or register

Me and My Dad's Trackdays

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Me and My Dad's Trackdays Empty Me and My Dad's Trackdays 30th May 2012, 10:51 pm

iTeknix

iTeknix
Forza Track Days Rookie

Will be uploading multiple pictures and videos of our trackdays and our little track monster Smile

Last edited by iTeknix on 30th May 2012, 11:01 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Grammar Error)

2Me and My Dad's Trackdays Empty Re: Me and My Dad's Trackdays 31st May 2012, 6:34 am

SandVibe

SandVibe
Forza Track Days Administrator

Look forward to seeing what you've got running!

https://forzatrackdays.forumotion.co.uk

3Me and My Dad's Trackdays Empty Re: Me and My Dad's Trackdays 31st May 2012, 9:22 am

iTeknix

iTeknix
Forza Track Days Rookie

Links and images will have to wait, the site says i must have been a member for 7 days in order to post external links.Sad

4Me and My Dad's Trackdays Empty Re: Me and My Dad's Trackdays 31st May 2012, 7:14 pm

SandVibe

SandVibe

Ah, yes, I forgot about that rule. Nothing I can do about it unfortunately,as it is a forumotion rule and not a site rule. Still, look forward to seeing it in action when you are able to link.

5Me and My Dad's Trackdays Empty Re: Me and My Dad's Trackdays 8th June 2012, 1:12 am

iTeknix

iTeknix
Forza Track Days Rookie

Me and My Dad's Trackdays 079

Well here is the car, its a 54 reg Honda Civic Type R EP3 dressed in Milano Red. She was purchased by my dad back in 2009 with just under 31000 miles on the clock and was completely standard. As the car was bought to be our regular family runaround and my dads track car, the modifications had to be beneficial but still subtle enough the pass as a family car. In the start however, their were problems with the engine. The car wouldn't engage VTEC and instead was jumping into limp mode, it turned out that the previous owner had not taken particular care in maintaining the car and the oil hadn't been changed since new. After finding this out, my dad had Honda strip the enging and clean it out, after the problems were fixed my dad started on modding. Firstly, my dad wanted the go for a more handling based route, so his first purchase was a set of eibach sport springs, D2 adjustable camber bolts and some JDM antiroll bars.

After the handling upgrades my dad wanted to improve the breathing of the car, he acheived this by purchasing a AEM V2 cold air induction kit and a super sprint mid pipe, as said before the car is our family car so the exhaust couldn't be extremely loud, but loud enough to satisfy me and my dad. Along with the induction kit the sound was greatly improved and was definetly satisfactory. With these the car achieved 218.6 BHP and considering that my dad said he would be happy if it acheived the standard 197 figure, we were both blown away.

Now with the handling mods improving on track performance and the power mods enhancing the cars performance figures, the next step was cosmetic enhancments. For some reason my dad is a fan of 'carbon wrap' and had the top half of the mirrors, roof and rear diffuser wrapped up (he mainly wanted to do it as the roof was fading and turning pink so carbon wrap was a much cheaper option compared to a respray). Along with some climair wind deflectors, a black sun strip, some HID's and some minor debadging + the 'ring stickers.

There will be a few parts I have missed out of the post but here is the list of parts currently on the car:

Eibach Sport Springs

D2 Camber Bolts

JDM antiroll bars

Reprayed Grey standard alloys

Yellow Brake calipers

HID Sidelights and low beam (standard main beam)

Debadged (Civic)

Nurburgring Sticker

Carbon Wrapped roof, mirrors and diffuser

Climair wind deflectors

AEM v2 CAI

Supersprint Midpipe w/standard backbox

Tegiwa Short throw shifter

Fully rebushed

Next mods in line are a Wavetrac LSD and K100 ECU map

Well thats the car, so now onto the fun part, the Trackdays. Since the purchase of the car, we have been on 12 trackdays ad two ring trips. At the time of purchase our local track was Cadwell park at 40 minutes away, and with my dad familier with the track from his bike trackdays he was keen to drive it in the Civic and to this day we have been there 9 times (10 by next Monday Me and My Dad's Trackdays 650269930 ), and in 2011 a previous rallycross track (Blyton Park) just 10 minutes away was resurfaced fully in tarmac and opened to trackdays. So just days after the opening, the Civic had been round there as well. The eleventh outing wasn't as such a trackday but some tracktime at Castle Combe during Japfest 2011. The most recent trackday was at Spa Francorchamps in Belgium during the Type-R-Owners Spa and ring trip in April this year. We also went to the ring' in 2010 and have participated in a lap of honour round the old Silverstone national circuit at the 2011 rounds at the BTCC. That pretty much sums up the car and trackdays, here are some photos and a link to my dads youtube channel.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/870881

Not going to bother resizing the images like the first one Me and My Dad's Trackdays 650269930 .

Me and My Dad's Trackdays P1020260

Me and My Dad's Trackdays DSC_6746

Me and My Dad's Trackdays XSP_5958

Me and My Dad's Trackdays DSC_0053_exposure

Me and My Dad's Trackdays IMG_3464

Me and My Dad's Trackdays IMG_3334

Me and My Dad's Trackdays IMG_3336

Me and My Dad's Trackdays IMG_3118

Me and My Dad's Trackdays IMG_3064

6Me and My Dad's Trackdays Empty Re: Me and My Dad's Trackdays 8th June 2012, 3:26 am

SandVibe

SandVibe

What a great looking car! Great story to accompany the shots, too. Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum