Forza Track Days

You are not connected. Please login or register

What is your actual car?

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 What is your actual car? on 20th June 2012, 6:24 am

JA 37 Viggen

Forza Track Days Regular
Maybe you posted it in the Forza forums but there's a billion of these types of threads on there.

So what's your car you drive in real life? Be it your own or your parent's.

I drive a 2001 Pontiac Grand Am SE. It's got a 2.4L 4 cylinder twin cam engine making 150hp and 155 torques. In the US, insurance doesn't take engine displacement into consideration so I can have a 2.4 instead of some miserable 1.3...not that we have a lot of 1 litre engines here Smile

I took this at my friend's house. Laugh about the color all you want... Tongue Out

View user profile

2 Re: What is your actual car? on 20th June 2012, 6:54 am

SettlingAphid60

Forza Track Days Regular
82 Chevrolet Caprice classic STW
5.7 litre (350cid) engine 3 speed automatic gearbox
Originally it was 5.7 Diesel but previous owner has swapped oldsmobile petrol engine in it from late 60's. I do not know exactly what engine model it is, as there is close to 200 versions of this engine, but I know that oldsmobile has never built any engine of this type as under 200BHP, although if it would be slightly tuned power version of this engine it would easyly be doing over 400BHP, I would assume it's somewhere in 250-300bhp or so. decent fuel consuption from diesel models long final drive ratio makes it somewhat cost efficent, with 24-20 MPG
It is registered as van, which makes it cheaper on taxes, allthough limiting myself to 55mph / 80 kmh although even if I constantly drive 65 mph / 100 kmh I don't get pulled over cause it looks like wagon.

Then again as I previusly have owned few GTI badged cars, I collected tickets all the time, cause they were dull to drive on legal speeds, this on the other hand is comfortable to drive at any speed. so my speeding days are over finally.

Even though it's old car, it's quite reliable. and when it brakes down it's easy to fix by yourself, and part's are quite cheap.

View user profile

3 Re: What is your actual car? on 20th June 2012, 8:23 am

iTeknix

Forza Track Days Rookie
Mine is in my thread in the real trackdays section. Wink

View user profile

4 Re: What is your actual car? on 27th June 2012, 5:52 pm

Nickalator

Forza Track Days Rookie
Woohoo! First post. I like the community by the way!
I don't have a picture of my daily driver, but it is a 2005 Toyota Tundra. It's nothing special, but I use the heck out of it.

The car in the picture is the weekend car. It's a 1973 Chevy Nova. It's got the stock 350ci, 5.7L V8 engine. I figured it doesn't need a rebuild until it blows. Everything that relates to bodywork was done by me, besides the painting progress. If anyone wants to know anything else, be sure to ask! (:
(I was planning on adding a larger picture link, but the forum won't allow it.)

View user profile

5 Re: What is your actual car? on 27th June 2012, 6:37 pm

SandVibe

Forza Track Days Administrator
Thanks for joining us Nick, and nice Nova! Big Smile

B26D, FORZA TRACK DAYS FOUNDER

View user profile http://forzatrackdays.forumotion.co.uk

6 Re: What is your actual car? on 28th June 2012, 2:30 am

SettlingAphid60

Forza Track Days Regular
I would almost kill for that nova... awesome...

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum