Forza Track Days

You are not connected. Please login or register

Dedicated spots for overtaking

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Dedicated spots for overtaking on 12th June 2012, 9:41 am

iTeknix

Forza Track Days Rookie
Before an event could we maybe make two or three locations on track dedicated overtaking zones as it would be safer as you would not have to worry about the car behind flying past or the car in front pulling over somewhere that you feel uncomfortable overtaking.
cheers, jamie.

View user profile

2 Re: Dedicated spots for overtaking on 13th June 2012, 7:55 am

SandVibe

Forza Track Days Administrator
I've been having a think about this idea, and I'm not entirely sure that we could stick to it. The reason being is that if you are driving the faster car, do you really want to be waiting behind a slower car until you can finally pull out and put your foot down? It could become a little tedious.

Of course, if there is enough support for this idea, we'll make it happen. Thumb Up

B26D, FORZA TRACK DAYS FOUNDER

View user profile http://forzatrackdays.forumotion.co.uk

3 Re: Dedicated spots for overtaking on 13th June 2012, 8:48 am

SettlingAphid60

Forza Track Days Regular
I wouldn't support this, cause the dedicated spots would be on some longer straights at least in most cases, what if the overtaker would be some grip tuned MX5 with 200hp and the one to be overtaken power tuned cuda with 800hp?
Soon as the straight opens the cuda would be gone and there wouldn't be anyone to pass.

I'd say it's good as it is, when there comes faster car behid you, you give them room to pass, and take such line that there wouldn't be any question about it are you giving him a room or not.if there is 2 guys passing eachother constantly, (similiar car's but other on power other on grip tune) then other just gives up for a moment, go grab a cookie or something, to get themselfs out of the situation.

View user profile

4 Re: Dedicated spots for overtaking on 13th June 2012, 9:19 am

deadlycowpat95

Forza Track Days Moderator
It could work on the longer more straight tracks, but thats about it. Hmm...

Plus we would have to create a map each week to highlight the spots

Local AMG fanboy and Jenson Button fan.
View user profile

5 Re: Dedicated spots for overtaking on 13th June 2012, 9:38 pm

SandVibe

It's a tough one to call if I'm honest. I think the way that it works at the moment is mostly fine, although I have had the odd occassion where a slower cars pulls one way, and then goes the other which almost causes a collision. Maybe communication is the key? Smile

6 Re: Dedicated spots for overtaking on 13th June 2012, 10:03 pm

Thatcargeek

Forza Track Days Rookie
I think talking is the key, but speaking personally, with fifteen others I dfind it hard to remember who's who and who's driving what!

View user profile

7 Re: Dedicated spots for overtaking on 13th June 2012, 10:08 pm

SandVibe

Turn on the 'names above cars' option in the HUD menu. That is the only piece of HUD that I use, and for me, it is the most important.

8 Re: Dedicated spots for overtaking on 13th June 2012, 11:13 pm

Thatcargeek

Forza Track Days Rookie
I play on quite a small TV and red writing is hard for me to read at the best of times. Kind of against me there Tongue Out Hence, why I refereed to people by what car they were driving. Although I should know a few people by Sunday compared to last time. Smile

View user profile

9 Re: Dedicated spots for overtaking on 13th June 2012, 11:34 pm

iTeknix

Forza Track Days Rookie
I understand that in trackdays it is all about working with the other drivers and that common sense is key when performing an overtaking maneuver on a slower car. I enjoy driving with everybody here as everyone possess a very good driving etiquette and I am always happy when on track. It was just option to allow people to keep their line until they reach a appropirate place to yield. I appreciate all your feedback.

Cheers,

Jamie

View user profile

10 Re: Dedicated spots for overtaking on 10th July 2012, 8:43 pm

nosniboD

Forza Track Days Rookie
I'm just gonna say that as I tend to drive faster cars so I'm not always on my own, I like the challenge of getting a clean overtake. I'm always slightly disappointed when somebody pulls over, and I really don't mind just idling behind them for a little while waiting for the right opportunity.

View user profile

11 Re: Dedicated spots for overtaking on 18th July 2012, 4:11 am

SandVibe

I'm with Mike here. The challenge of finding the perfect overtaking spot is part of the enjoyment. I like it how it is at the moment. Smile

12 Re: Dedicated spots for overtaking on 18th July 2012, 4:22 am

SettlingAphid60

Forza Track Days Regular
I tend to pull over as my cars tend to be very hard to pass cleanly (what I use on trackdays that is)
As we saw at Sebring some time ago

was clearly fastest car on straights, but slowest on corners -> takes whole width of the track in corner, so impossible to pass. But when straight opens the one who got to the side of it was left biting dust.

On Silverstone where was race car theme, I was only who went on rallying side with

And yes, I was sideways all the time, but still I had best, or 2nd best acceleration of the whole group. -> well result was people got past me only when I went wide more or less intentionally.

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum